Monday, July 6, 2009

Legal Geekery Inaugural Post

Recently (okay, not so recently, I'm so behind in life lately) the blog legalgeekery.com was looking to amp up their contributor roll. I, of course, put my hat in the ring and was soon greeted by a "Congratulations" email announcing I was one of several fresh new faces to be given posting power.
Excitement was quickly followed by the "holy crap. I don't post about anything to do with law school or law at all on my own blog, so what am I going to post about on a blog devoted entirely to the law?"
Well I managed to finally knock out my bio and after hours of fighting with formatting (such a common problem of mine) I posted my first article. And it goes like this:

In my second year I took a Law and Literature class to give myself some sort of
relief from the typical law school class and to coddle my much neglected
theater minor self a little. It was a good choice: my professor
was dedicated and full of interesting legal references in popular culture
and had the movies to prove it. Our final was a take home and one of
the options was to write a blawg post. It was a fantastic class....Read more at
legalgeekery.com

The new bloggers were put on a sort of probationary period to try us out and see if we meshed with the site. I'm afraid I may not last the summer because I've only posted once, but if they let me stick around I promise to write up the suckage that is studying for and taking the Missouri bar exam once its finally done with at the end of this month.
Seriously, it sucks.
And yet, I'm still wary of calling this one of the worst summers ever. Because at least I've got a summer still. I can't be sure if that's optimism or pessimism right there. Eh. Go read legalgeekery.com and tell them I sent you. It'll make me look good.

(P.S. I won two free nights at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and I'm going for Halloween. SUPER freaking excited. I love having something to look forward to)

No comments:

Post a Comment