Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fairmont Style

I've been feeling dull and have been extremely frustrated lately (which if you're following my twitter, then you surely know).
The economy decided to hit me and I wasn't expecting it. So not only do I have loads of school work to do (that I don't understand) and furniture to sell (which I'm still paying on), stressors here and there (who hasn't?) and no real job prospects upon graduation (how about putting a spanking new lawyer on your payroll?) but now I have to deal with funding issues that shouldn't be.
Kind of sucks the creativity right out of a person.

But life I have been living, and taking some pictures along the way.
So here we go :)

I've been working at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle as an independent contractor of sorts for over a year now, working in a childcare aspect for an outside company. Because of this, I am sometimes asked to babysit for guests outside of the normal operating hours. Last year a lovely family group from the UK came in and I babysat their charming kids for a week or so. They visit Miami every year, so they called on me to do the same this past week and a half. We had an initial confrontation with payment (they were going to pay me $5 less per hour than they did last year) and after some ruffled feathers, we got things sorted.
Everything went swimmingly until one of the dads (two families--4 kids all together) came home stinking drunk, singing "Big Spender", trying to cop a feel multiple times, and then finally asking me if I wanted to see his "willy" while starting to take down his pants (his wife stopped him), but only before asking her for a threesome.
Awkward. And disturbing.
Everything was fine after that though--I think he made it a point to be sober from then on.
Oh what we'll endure for a few bucks.
So that's the story and here are the pictures. No! No willy shots! You dirty people you.

The Fairmont Turnberry is a beautiful place and I wandered around various night getting these shots:

Upon arrival:


Leading from the lobby to rooms:


Outside looking in:


Outside hallway:

I got creative with various fountain pictures

The adult pool at night:

I love lions, I wish I had photographed them better:

Gorgeous chandelier. Altered to see the light play on the ceiling:


Lobby:


Hallway leading from lobby to rooms, take2:
I also got creative with this photo here and here.

Sitting inside the lobby:


Lobby looking in:
I wish I could have a residence decorated just like these common areas.

On your way out:

Goodbye Fairmont Turnberry.
I never stayed at thee, and now that I'm done working there, I doubt I shall ever return.


I took this photo of one of the little guys I was sitting for.
He's adorable with blonde, curly hair and I just had to share this fantastic fang smile.


Things may be rough, but this song has gotton me through a million things, and I have no doubt it'll be in the soundtrack for these months as well.


Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive - Bing Crosby

Listen. If you're having a rough time lately too, have another listen.
And make sure you visit the fang smile again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment