Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Obligatory New Year's Post

new years eve fireworks over the back deckIt's still strange for me to think of a fresh start in terms of a changing calendar year. My brain is apparently still trained to live and breathe in school terms and I can't help but hesitate in really believing I can start over at the stroke of midnight. The magical change of a single digit doesn't really do it for me. In fact, truly it feels that come January 1, I'm already behind. I'm nearly halfway until my next birthday, and what do you know, I'm getting (and feeling) older and older each day. I suppose I'm more mature and appreciative of every day I wake up alive, because for the first time in recent memory, when asked my age in the weeks approaching my birthday, I answered by telling the truth. I also remember the actual day and thanking God for giving me another year. I just wish I could carry that feeling all the way through each of the other 364 days.
I just can't help but become frustrated with myself and my current lack of direction.
Treading water gets old. All in good time.




No comments:

Post a Comment