Monday, January 17, 2011

Royal Wedding Watch Party, The Plan


As we all know, there is a royal wedding coming up (in April, yes, but still, plans must be made, even on this side of the pond) and of course we're having a watch party (right? right.) and of course we're going to do a royal theme and really cliche it up because if we're going to get up at 3am for the pre-game then its got to be a little silly all around and I really think we should play it up and go all out with the whole royal thing.

I know we've talked a bit about it, and I've thought some more on it (I worked at Hallmark for over 7 hours this weekend--it gave me a lot of thinking time) and here is what I've got:
  1. I can make the french toast we had on Saturday [note: I made it for the girls' Glee watch party on Saturday morning], because after all it is called "The Queen's French Toast".
  2. We must have Royal Dansk cookies with English Tea.
  3. We can make Royal Kirs--- it's champagne and blackberry liquor and as much as a mimosa is the golden standard, I think this would make a delightful alternative to the usual morning champagne libation.
  4. I think we should all go out after Valentine's day and find silk pajamas on sale. We should have somewhat dignified attire, don't you agree?
  5. "Eton Mess" is a lovely looking dessert that originated at, what do you know, Eton College which just so happens to be the alma matter of Prince William. I only know of this creation because House Beautiful featured it in their January issue. Another reason that magazine is perfect.
So that is what I have so far. You girls think on it and we'll just add to it until it gets to the point of ridiculous, and then we'll go just a tad bit farther. Because this will be an all day wedding event (pre-game, then the wedding, and you know there will be hours of commentary after) and I think its best to be wholeheartedly committed all the way through.

Let me know what you've got.

3 comments:

  1. Why don't you have your girlfriends wear their own bridal veils or fancy flower hats like they wear in England for special occasions? You can also order immitation royal engagement rings online for $19.00 just like Kate's ring at https://www.royalring.com/index.jsp#order
    I would also decorate with wedding decorations from the Party store. You could use your own nice tablecloths and fine china and teacups to serve your food and tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hosting a royal watch party, too. I told my friends to make sure their own Prince Charming takes the kids to school (I mean, who, but royalty, would hold a wedding on a FRIDAY???), and I'm giving a Wills and Kate wedding collector's plate (the epitome of trashy chic) for anyone who attends in their own wedding gown. :) Bloody fabulous!

    ReplyDelete