Monday, February 14, 2011

Saint Valentine's Day

A very good morning to you, lovelies, and a Happy Valentines Day to you as well.

In the past I would have exclaimed via an AIM away message, but let's be honest-who really uses AIM anymore, the importance of knowing that Valentines Day is not merely a corporate holiday, but one honoring (at the very least the idea of) people willing to risk everything to follow their hearts for the true love of a companion and of their God. I'm speaking of Roman times, of course, and more can be found on the patron saint of love, young people and happy marriage at Catholic online. And facebook seems too touchy, or maybe its the people I'm 'friends' with, for exclaiming anything, so this is where I'll do it. And now I've done it. So there you go.

Now, the Hallmark version of the holiday is lovely and sweet and who doesn't love red heart stickers and candy in pretty boxes? In the spirit of both senses of the holiday, I had myself a little dinner party over the weekend. My grandmother has passed to me her collection of Fostoria crystal in their popular Romance pattern. I've been waiting for a real occasion to use the set and what better time to use Romance-inspired etched crystal than for a Valentines dinner? Photos of my setting, later. For now, enjoy your day, and read my post from two years ago if you need help conjuring up some of those warm lovey-dovey feelings.

1 comment:

  1. I've missed reading your posts, Claire Bear....

    XoXo, Tati :)

    ReplyDelete